Monday, July 27, 2009

Alfajor Mendocino

(I was almost thrown out of the supermarket for taking this picture)

For those of you who (foolishly) thought that living in another country would help me break my addiction to sugar (if there actually were some of you), I've got some bad news. They're called Alfajor Mendocinos, and they just might be the greatest thing I have ever put in my mouth: two sugar cookies with a layer of manjar (Chilean caramel) covered in chocolate.

OMGetInMyStomach.

But don't worry, I have not lost every bit of self-control. I only enjoy them once a week and no longer become a five year old when I see them in the windows of Dulcerias. But I may go through serious withdrawals when I get back. I do have every intention to transport/smuggle home any many as my backpack can fit. And while I would promise one of these pieces of heaven for those of you who I'll see when I return to the States, there is no guarantee that any of them will survive the 11 hour trip back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment